Name : Dr. Abu Taher
Email: [email protected]
Position: Assistant Professor & Chairman
- Ph. D. in Chemical Engineering, Dept. of Chemical Engineering, Inha University, South Korea; Supervisor: Prof. Myung-Jong Jin. The title of dissertation: “Development of MOFs, Graphenes, and Iron Nano-Particles Supported Palladium Catalysts”
- M. Sc. in Applied Chemistry & Chemical Engineering, Dept. of Applied Chemistry & Chemical Engineering, University of Rajshahi, Bangladesh; Supervisor: Prof. Skeikh. M. Mohsin Ali. The title of dissertation: “Toxicity Study of Cystine Complexes of Mercury(II), Cadmium(II) and Lead(II)”
- B. Sc. in Applied Chemistry & Chemical Engineering, Dept. of Applied Chemistry & Chemical Engineering, University of Rajshahi, Bangladesh
- Jung-seok International Scholarship from Inha University, South Korea
- Merit Scholarship (for good performance in B.Sc. Honors) from Rajshahi University, Bangladesh
- Talent-pool Primary School Scholarship, Bangladesh Government Scholarship
Membership for Scientific Societies:
- Member, the Korean Society of Industrial & Engineering Chemistry
- Member, Korean Chemical Society
- Member, Bangladesh Chemical Society
Research Interest: Synthesis new chemicals for innovation & advanced industrial product development
- Presentations (Oral):
- Abu Taher: “Efficient CO2 Separation based on Polymer Membranes”, The 4thInternational Energy & Environmental Conference, November 28, 2017, KIST, Seoul, South Korea.
- Abu Taher, Mudumala Veeranarayana Reddy, Dong Wook Kim: “Conceptual design of novel catalytic and separation process for F-18 labeling reaction based on pyrene-tagged ionic liquids”, Korean society of radiopharmaceutical and molecular probes, Chapter 1 (page 14), 2017.4.14, Seoul Univ. Hospital, Korea
- ‘Development of Metal-organic Frameworks for Catalysis’, KIMM, South Korea, February21, 2013
- Abu Taher, ‘Palladium acetate-ionic liquid matrix immobilized on mesoporous MFI zeolite’, KAIST, South Korea, September 26, 2008
- Abu Taher, ‘Toxicity studies on Mercury(ii) and Cadmium(ii) cystine complexes’ at 10th EurAsia Conference, Manila, Philippines, January 7–11,2008
- Abu Taher, “Catalytic Activity of Polymer Based Metal Complexes” at Bangladesh council of Scientific and Industrial Research (BCSIR), Rajshahi, Bangladesh, July 5, 2007
- Presentations (Poster):
- Abu Taher, Tae-hyun Kim: “Efficient CO2 Separation by Ionic Liquid-functionalized Reduced Graphene Oxide-promoted Mixed Matrix Membranes”, 2017 KSIEC fall meeting, Pusan, South Korea, November 8-10, 2017
- Abu Taher, Seok Min Kang, Kyo Chul Lee, Dong Wook Kim: “Pyrene-Tagged IonicLiquids: Highly Efficient and Easily Separable Organic Catalysts for SN2Fluorination”, The 22nd International Symposium on Radiopharmaceutical Sciences (ISRS 2017) Dresden, Germany, vol. 60 (p256), May 14-19, 2017
- Abu Taher, Kang Seok Min, Park Su-hong, Dong Wook Kim: “Pyrene-Tagged IonicLiquid Frameworks: An efficient organocatalyst for nucleophilic fluorination of various substrates”, 119th General Meeting, ORGN.P-384, 2017.4.19-21, KINTEX, Korea.
- Park Su-hong, Kang Seok Min, Abu Taher, Kim Myung Wook, Dong Wook Kim: “An efficient protocol for the synthesis of clickable amphiphilic molecules from functionalized polyethylene glycol-lignoceric acid”, 119th General Meeting, ORGN.P-382, 2017.4.19-21, KINTEX, Korea
- Abu Taheret al., ‘The promotic effect of a tert-butylalcohol substituted calix(4)arene in the nucleophilic fluorination using alkali metal fluorides’, 117th General Meeting, April 20~22, 2016, KINTEX, KINTEX, Korea
- Publications (Papers):
19. Abu Taher, Kyo Chul Lee, Hye Ji Han, and Dong Wook Kim:Pyrene-Tagged Ionic Liquids: Separable Organic Catalysts for SN2 Fluorination, Lett., 2017, 19, 3342−3345.
18. Abu Taher, Dong Wook Kim and Ik-Mo Lee: Highly efficient metal organic framework (MOF)-based copper catalysts for the base-free aerobic oxidation of various alcohols, RSC Adv., 2017, 7, 17806–17812.
17. Abu Taher, Hye-Young Yoo, Phil-In Oh, Sanggon Moon and Myung-Jong Jin: Microwave-accelerated Suzuki Coupling Reaction Catalyzed by Heterogeneous NHC-Pd, Korean Chem. Soc., 2016, 37, 1908–1909.
16. Abu Taher, Dong-Jin Lee,Ik-Mo Lee,Md. Lutfor Rahman, Shaheen M. Sarkar: A Novel Graphene-Supported Palladium Catalyst for Suzuki–Miyaura Coupling of Less Reactive Heteroaryl Halides in Water, Korean Chem. Soc., 2016, 37, 1478–1485.
15. Abu Taher, Dong-Jin Lee, Ik-Mo Lee: Graphene-Supported Palladium Complex: A Highly Efficient, Robust and Recyclable Catalyst for the Suzuki-Miyaura Cross-Coupling of Various Aryl Halides, Synlett, 2016, 27, 2333–2338.
14. Abu Taher, Dong-Jin Lee, Byoung-Ki Lee, Ik-Mo Lee: Amine-functionalized Metal-Organic Frameworks: An Efficient and Recyclable Heterogeneous Catalyst for the Knoevenagel Condensation Reaction, Synlett, 2016, 27, 1433-1437.
13. Dong-Hwan Lee, Abu Taher, Shahin Hossain, and Myung-Jong Jin: An Efficient and General Method for the Heck and Buchwald-Hartwig Coupling Reactions of Aryl Chlorides, Lett., 2011, 13(20), 5540-5543.
12. Ji-Young Jung, Abu Taher,Shahin Hossain, and Myung-Jong Jin: Highly Active Heterogeneous Palladium Catalyst for the Suzuki Reaction of Heteroaryl Chlorides, Korean Chem. Soc., 2010, 31(10), 3010-3012.
11. Dong-Hwan Lee, Abu Taher, Wha-SeungAhn and Myung-Jong Jin: Room temperature Stille cross-coupling reaction of unreactive aryl chlorides and heteroaryl chlorides, Commun., 2010, 46, 478–480.
10. Dong-Hwan Lee,Minkee Choi,Byung-Woo Yu, RyongRyoo,Abu Taher,Shahin Hossain, and Myung-Jong Jin: Expanded Heterogeneous Suzuki–Miyaura Coupling Reactions of Aryl and Heteroaryl Chlorides under Mild Conditions, Synth. Catal.2009, 351, 2912 – 2920.
09. Ji-Young Jung, Jin-Beom Kim, Abu Taher, and Myung-Jong Jin: Pd(OAc)2 Immobilized on Fe3O4 as Magnetically Separable Heteogeneous Catalyst for Suzuki Reaction in Water, Korean Chem. Soc., 2009, 30(12), 3082-3084.
08. Abu Taher, Jin-Beom Kim, Ji-Young Jung, Wha-SeungAhn, Myung-Jong Jin: Highly Active and Magnetically Recoverable Pd-NHC Catalyst Immobilized on Fe3O4 Nanoparticle-Ionic Liquid Matrix for Suzuki Reaction in Water, Synlett, 2009, No.15, 2477-2482.
07. Myung-Jong Jin, Abu Taher, Hee-Jae Kang, Minkee Choi and RyongRyoo: Palladium acetate immobilized in a hierarchical MFI zeolite-supported ionic liquid: a highly active and recyclable catalyst for Suzuki reaction in water, Green Chem.2009, 11, 309-313.
06. Ji-Young Jung, Abu Taher, Hyun-Jin Kim, Wha-SeungAhn, Myung-Jong Jin:Heck Reaction Catalyzed by Mesoporous SBA-15-Supported Ionic Liquid-Pd(OAc)2,Synlett, 2009, No.1, 39-42.
05. M. A. Hye,M. A. Taher, M.Y. Ali, M.U. Ali, and Shahed Zaman: Isolation of (+)-Catechin from Acacia Catechu (Cutch Tree) by a Convenient Method, J. Sci. Res.,2009, 1 (2), 300-305.
04. A.Hye, M.A. Taher, M.Y.Ali and M.U.Ali: Preparation of two Novel Diazo Dyes from Catechin, Journal of the Bangladesh Chemical Society, 2007, 20(1), 104-109.
03. M.Ali, M.Khalequzzaman, M.A.Taher, J.Ara, M.Jesmin and J.A.Khanam: Toxicity of Some Metal-Cystine Complexes Against Confused Flour Beetle TriboleumCastaneum(Coleoptera:Tenebionidae), Bangladesh J.Life Sci,19(1): 115-119, 2007 (June).
02. Jahan Ara Khanam, Most. Ferdousi Begum, Jesmine Ara, MeleJesmin, Abu Taherand S. M. Mohsin Ali: Antimicrobial activity of Metal Cystine complexes, Dhaka Univ.J.Pharm.Sci, 5(1-2): 29-32, 2006 (June-December).
01. M.Ali, A.K.Azad, M.Jesmin, J.Alam,T.Alam, and M.A.Taher: Catalytic Activity of Polymer Based Metal Complexes Towards Hydrolysis of Amino Acid Esters, ACGC Chem.Res.Comm,(2006)20:20-23.
- I. Hossain Mondal, M. A. Khaleque, M. A. Hossain, M. A. Hye and M. A. Taher:A process for the preparation of powerful phenyl from petuli seed oil; Bangladesh gazed, April 9, 2009,Int. Cl. A61 K 31/47 CO7 D 409/12, A61 P 5/24 1004786
- Assistant Professor and Head of the Department, Dept. of Mechanical and Industrial Production Engineering, European University of Bangladesh, Gabtoli, Mirpur-1, Dhaka, Bangladesh (Sep 2018 – present)
- Assistant Professor (Adjunct Faculty), Dept. of Textile Engineering, Sonargaon University, Mohakhali, Dhaka, Bangladesh (Sep 2018 – present)
- Assistant Professor (Adjunct Faculty), Dept. of Textile Engineering & Dept. of Chemistry, Fareast International University, Banani-11, Dhaka, Bangladesh (May 2018 – Aug 2018)
- Assistant Professor (Adjunct Faculty), Dept. of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Prime University, Mirpur-1, Dhaka, Bangladesh (Feb 2018 – Aug 2018)
- Lecturer, Dept. of Chemical Engineering, Inha University, South Korea (Mar 2012 – Feb 2014)
- Postdoctoral researcher, Dept. of Chemistry, Incheon National University, South Korea (Jul 2017 – Jan 2018)
- Postdoctoral researcher, Dept. of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Inha University, South Korea (Feb 2016 – Jun 2017)
- Associate Research Engineer, R & D Center, Spident, South Korea (Jan 2015 – Dec 2015)
- Postdoctoral researcher, Dept. of Chemical Engineering, Inha University, South Korea (Mar 2014 –Jan 2015)
- Research Chemist in Bangladesh Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (BCSIR), Bangladesh (Sep 2006–Feb 2012)
Date of Birth : March 25, 1979
Joining Date: September 01, 2018