Biography of Prof. Md. Hazrat Ali
Prof. Md. Hazrat Ali was born in 1958 in the district of Manikgonj. He passed the SSC (Science group) examination in 1975 in the 2nd division under Dhaka Board and he also passed the Diploma in Engineering (Electrical Technology) examination in 1980 (held in 1982) in the 1st division under BTEB. He obtained a Bachelor of Science in Electrical and Electronic Engineering Degree from Bangladesh Institute of Technology, Dhaka (Now DUET) and got 1st class & stood third in order of merit in the year 1986(held in 1989). Thereafter, he received OIC scholarship for Master’s of Science in Technical Education and obtained a Master of Science in Technical Education Degree with specialization in Electrical Engineering with a CGPA of 4.47 on the scale of 5 (2nd position ) from Islamic University of Technology (IUT), in 2002.
- He joined in Telegraph and Telephone (T &T) Department in 1983 as a Sub-Assistant Engineer & continued for only one year four months and he resumed his duties in the Technical Education. He started his teaching career in the year 1984 as a Junior Lecturer at the Mymensing Polytechnic Institute under the Directorate of Technical Education, Ministry of Education.
- He got a promotion as lecturer/Instructor (Electrical Technology) in 1992 and joined Rangpur Polytechnic Institute under the Directorate of Technical Education, Ministry of Education.
- In October 2002, Mr. Ali joined as an Equipment Officer/procurement officer at the establishment of 3 Mohila Polytechnic Institutes Project (Rajshahi, Khulna, and Chittagong District) and then Sylhet, Mymensingh, and Faridpur Engineering College Establishment Project.
- He worked as an Equipment Officer (Planning and Development) at the Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Dhaka under the Ministry of Education. Here, his main duties and responsibilities were to prepare development project proposal (DPP), to contribute ideas for identifying new potential areas of new projects for the Directorate of Technical Education, and also to contribute ideas in the management of different types of running projects (both GoB and donor aided such as World Bank, ILO, ADB, SDC, DFID, CIDA, etc.) under Directorate of Technical Education and assisting in the preparation of the five-year plan, ADP and revised ADP, etc.
- He has visited the Philippines, Malaysia, and Singapore during his study tour and training programs. He has experience in Competency-Based Training and Assessment (CBT&A) and specialized teachers’ training in the Philippines and Singapore for teaching at TVET institutions.
- In March 2017, he joined Faridpur Polytechnic Institute as Chief Instructor (Head of the Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Faridpur Engineering College).
- Finally, he joined the Technical Teachers’ Training College (TTTC) under the University of Dhaka as an Assistant Professor at the Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering and taught several courses, at the EEE department.
- His fields of interest are “Electrical Machines, Renewable Energy, Electrical Circuits and Computer Programming Languages”.
- His Nineteen (19) contributory research papers have been published in several national and international conference proceedings, Journals, and books.
- He is an author of several reputed books for the students of diploma engineering (Electrical, Electronics, and Computer Technology) under the Bangladesh Technical Education Board (BTEB)
- He worked as an editor for more than twenty (20) books for diploma engineering-level students.
- He attended many training, seminar, and workshops at home and abroad.
- Mr. Ali worked as an adjunct faculty under the Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering (EEE), EUB nearly four years
- Ali joined at European University of Bangladesh (EUB) as an Associate Professor (Regular) at the Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering (EEE) on January 01, 2018.
- In the meantime, Mr. Ali has developed Electrical Machines –I and Electrical Machines –II experimental lab manual for practical work and upgraded Electrical Machines Lab.
- Now, He has been providing whole-hearted services for the students of the EEE department, EUB, especially for the development of modern laboratory setup.
- Ali has been promoted to the post of Professor in the Electrical and Electronic Engineering Department on 13th February 2021
- At present, Ali has been working as Chairman in the Electrical and Electronic Engineering Department under the faculty of Science and Engineering in the European University of Bangladesh (EUB).