Prof. Dr. Mokbul Ahmed Khan
European University of Bangladesh
E-mail: [email protected]
*Ph. D. in Textile Economics from Moscow Textile University in 1976 with Distinction
*Post-Graduate Diploma in Personnel Management from Bangladesh Management Centre, Dhaka in 1973 with First Class (First Position)
*Diploma in Statistics from Institute of Statistical Research and Training, Dhaka University in 1973 with First Class (First Position)
*M.A. in Economics from Dhaka University in 1971 with High Second Class
*B. A. (Hons.) in Economics from Dhaka University in 1970 with High Second Class
*H.S.C. from Dhaka College in 1967 with First Division (with merit Scholarship)
*S.S.C. from Dhaka Board in 1965 with First Division (with merit Scholarship
* Vice Chancellor, European University of Bangladesh. From October, 2016 – To date
*Professor and Honorary Treasurer, European University of Bangladesh. From March, 2012 – September, 2016.
*Treasurer and Professor of Business Administration, Green University of Bangladesh. From March, 2007 to April, 2009.
* Project Director/Textile Policy Adviser, Textile Strategic Management Unit (TSMU), M/O Textiles and the World Bank. From January, 1986 – December, 2000.
* Associate Professor and then Professor, Otago Business School, University of Otago, New Zealand. From January, 1981 to December, 1985.
* Senior Assistant Professor of Business Studies, Bradford University, UK. From January, 1979 to December, 1980.
*Associate Professor and Head of Post-Graduate studies, Bangladesh Institute of Management (former BMDC). From January, 1977 to December, 1978.
* Moscow Textile University, USSR, Ph. D. Teaching and Research Fellow. From August, 1973 to December, 1976.
- A valiant Freedom Fighter and participated in the War of Liberation as a Member of BLF
(Certificate No. M-172275) (Mujib Bahini) in Gopalganj Thana in 1971.
(ii) Participated in the Competitive Examination conducted by Public Service Commission in
1972 successfully qualified as BCS Cadre officer (F.F. Batch)
Primary Research Interest (Carried out more than 300 Research /Consulting Assignments)
(i) Productivity Analysis of various sectors of the Economy with special emphasis on Textiles (Spinning, Weaving, Dyeing / Finishing, Apparels)
(ii) Training Needs Analysis, Curriculum Development and Programme Evaluation.
- Management Analysis, O & M, MIS, MBO Manning, Corporate Restructuring, Institution
Development Studies, Institutional Reorganization and so on.
- Policy Formulation and analysis: Sectoral Policy formulation for Rural Development, Poverty
Alleviation, Industrial Policy, Textile Policy, Import and Export Policy and so on.
(v) Project Management: Project Design, Appraisal, Implementation, Monitoring and Evaluation.
(vi) Optimum corporate planning, factory planning, intra- factory planning by the application of O.R.
techniques e.g. Linear Programming.
(vii) Career Planning and Development.
(viii) Transfer of Technology – Assessment and Evaluation.
* Awarded Gold Medal as Freedom Fighter Commander in Gopalgonj District.
* Awarded Education for Peace Gold Medal by Bangladesh Chatro Kallyan Trust.