Md. Abul Kalam Azad
Name: Md. Abul Kalam Azad
Cell Phone: 01992006048
Email: [email protected]
Position: Associate Professor
Department: Civil Engineering
- Md. Abul Kalam Azad was born in 1958 in the district of Mymensingh. He passed the SSC (Science) examination in 1976 in the 1st division from Dhaka Board and he also passed the Diploma in Engineering (Civil) examination in 1980 in the 1st division from BTEB.
- He started teaching career in the year of 1982 as a Science Teacher (Leave Vacancy) at Phulpur Pilot High School, Phulpur, Mymensingh and continued for 10 months.
- Then in 1983 he joined as a Junior Lecture/Instructor for the government institutions under Directorate of Technical Education of Ministry of Education.
- In the meantime he also joined in the Public Works Department (PWD) in 1983 as a Sub-Assistant Engineer & continued for only one week and he resumed his duties in the Directorate of Technical Education.
- Then he obtained Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering Degree from Bangladesh Institute of Technology, Dhaka (Now DUET) and got 1st class & stood second in order of merit in the year 1987.
- Thereafter he received Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) scholarship for Master’s program and obtained Master of Technology (M.Tech.) in Structural Engineering Degree with a CGPA of 7.72 in the scale of 10 from Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kharagpur, India in 1995.
- In January 2002, he joined in Technical Teachers’ Training College (TTTC), Tejgaon, Dhaka and started teaching till April 2005. During stay at TTTC, he taught theoretical and sessional classes of the students of B.Sc. in Technical Education (Under University of Dhaka) and Diploma in Technical Education (Under BTEB) courses and at that time Azad had an opportunity to conduct sessional/lab classes (B.Sc. Program) of the students of Ahsanullah University of Science and Technology, World University of Bangladesh, Stamford University Bangladesh and IUBAT. Besides, he also gathered a lot of experience as an adjunct faculty of Ahsanullah University of Science and Technology and World University of Bangladesh. He has supervised several undergraduate theses.
- In April 2005, he joined as a Deputy Controller of Examinations in the Bangladesh Technical Education Board (BTEB), Dhaka. During stay at BTEB, his main duties and responsibilities were to monitoring the Pre-Preparatory works of approximately 50 nos of examinations under BTEB held in every year and office management works related to confidential section of examination division of BTEB.
- In October 2009, Mr. Azad joined as a Project Officer (Planning and Development) at Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Dhaka under Ministry of Education. Here, his main duties and responsibilities were to preparation of development project proposal (DPP), contribute ideas for identifying potential areas of new project for Directorate of Technical Education, contribute ideas in management of different types of running projects (both GoB and donor aided such as: World Bank, ILO, ADB, SDC, DFID, CIDA etc.) under Directorate of Technical Education and preparation of five-year plan, ADP and revised ADP etc. He visited Singapore, Malaysia, Philippine and India for higher studies, to attend training programs and for traveling. He has special training in Singapore on management and development of modern TVET institutions and that is in Philippine on Competency Based Training and Assessment.
- He worked at Mymensingh Polytechnic Institute as a Chief Instructor (Head of the Department of Civil Engineering) for 3 months.
- He also worked at Technical Teachers’ Training College, under University of Dhaka as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Civil Engineering.
- Azad is a Fellow of Institution of Engineers, Bangladesh and an examiner of University of Dhaka and a head examiner of Bangladesh Technical Education Board (BTEB). He is also a member of Standard and Curriculum Development Committee (Construction Sector) of BTEB.
- His fields of interest are Structural Engineering, Transportation Engineering and Climate Change.
- His five research papers have been published in several international conferences and journals.
- He attended many training, seminar and workshops at in-country and abroad.
- He worked at European University of Bangladesh (EUB) as an Adjunct Faculty in the Department of Civil Engineering for 2 years and 8 months. During this period, he was also the acting Chairman of the Department of Civil Engineering for two months.
- Thereafter, he worked as an Associate Professor (Part-Time) in the Department of Civil Engineering for 10 months.
- Finally, Mr. Azad has joined as an Associate Professor (Regular) in the Department of Civil Engineering on 24 November, 2017. In the meantime, he was also the acting Chairman of the Department for two and a half month. Now he is providing whole hearted services for the Department of Civil Engineering of EUB.